Tuesday, January 10, 2017
News Review of a Fantastic 2016 for Think Logistics !
2016 was such an exciting and momentous year for Think Logistics. All the time, energy and commitment that our supporting businesses have invested has paid dividends as we continue our objective of getting more young people interested in, and enthused by, careers in logistics.
An enormous thank you to our existing sponsors DAF Trucks and the FTA and to our new sponsors the DHL Foundation and the National Logistics Academy.
The list below is not exhaustive but tries to capture the range of activities and outcomes in 2016.
- FTA produced a video of a TL workshop at All Saints school in Knowsley https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKL_x1Zgj9g
- TL delivered a workshop and exhibited at the FTA Skills Summit
- TL presented at the BCAT conference and the CPC consortium conference
- TL successfully met the Edge Foundation targets of opening 5 Career Ready logistics centres and having 1,000 young people attend TL workshops
- Think Logistics is used as an exemplar case study by Edge http://www.edge.co.uk/sites/default/files/documents/think_logistics.pdf
- TL exhibited at Multimodal, IMHX and Microlise
- TL Steering Group held 4 very successful and well attended quarterly meetings
- Invited to attend the logistics industry-wide group meetings
- TL won 2 national awards:
The Motor Transport Partnership award https://careerready.org.uk/news-events/career-ready-and-think-logistics-win-motor-transport-award
And the SHD Logistics Future Skills award https://careerready.org.uk/news-events/think-logistics-wins-shd-logistics-award
- Opened 4 new Career Ready logistics centres at South Essex College, South Cheshire College, Salford City College and as part of the Northern Logistics Academy (St Helens College and Knowsley Community College). Making 9 logistics centres in total
- 400 young people attended TL workshops September – December 2016
- Secured repeat sponsorship deals with the FTA and DAF Trucks
- Secured new 3 year sponsorship deals with the DHL Foundation http://www.dhlukfoundation.org/
- And the National Logistics Academy http://www.thelogisticsacademy.co.uk/
- Extensive trade press coverage in Motor Transport and SHD Logistics magazines http://flickread.com/edition/html/index.php?pdf=583c4fb2df55e#8
- Supported National Lorry Week
- Recruited a new Think Logistics Project Manager, Sandra Baxter, and as a result Neil Caldwell has taken on a new Think Logistics consultancy role. This equates to a 40% increase in TL staffing
- Exhibited at the Skills Show with the FTA. 80,000+ visitors – over 1,000 young people did the Think Logistics quiz
- New Think Build project for construction industry launched based on Think Logistics model of success https://careerready.org.uk/programmes/think-build
A fantastic year that sets a terrific platform for 2017.