Find out more
Want to join our industry?
Are you interested in working within the Logistics industry? If so, the following tips and advice will hopefully help you make the move and get your career on track;-
- Research the industry using the websites mentioned on the useful links page
- Find local Transport and Logistics companies in your area by searching on the internet
- Do your homework on those companies before contacting them
- Get in touch with them by phone, e-mail or maybe through their website to see what roles they have available
- Ask if they would be interested in giving you some work experience to build up your CV and knowledge of the industry – they might even offer you a job if you prove your worth!
- Consider membership of CILT who will help you develop professionally in the Logistics industry
- See what Logistics courses CILT offer or your local college/university
- Make sure you tell them why you want a career in Logistics, what you have learnt about it and how you learnt it!
Employers look for enthusiastic and confident people when recruiting young people with no experience – this is what makes you stand out from the crowd. Think of a unique approach that will catch the Employers attention and make them consider you for a career with them.
Tuesday, January 10, 2017
News Review of a Fantastic 2016 for Think Logistics !... [view more]
Gwynedd Shipping Think Logistics and are Loving the Lorry!... [view more] Saturday, November 5, 2016
Think Logistics Workshop a first in Wales... [view more] Tuesday, September 20, 2016
Think Logistics wins in Future Skills Category at SHD Logistics Awards 2016... [view more] Thursday, July 14, 2016
Think Logistics and Career Ready win Motor Transport’s Partnership Award... [view more] Monday, June 13, 2016
Think Logistics shortlisted at Motor Transport Awards 2016.... [view more] Think Logistics at Multi Modal and Microlise Events in May this year... [view more]